Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thing 18 - Facebook and MySpace

The Common Craft Show (how could we do our 23 Things without Lee LeFever?) said that social networking sites makes connections between people visible.

I set up a Facebook account last year because my daughter and some of my co-workers were on it and I wanted to see what the big deal was. I have barely used it since. Maybe I am not sociable enough to get into it. Maybe I am just too busy with other things (like library school) to get into the fun parts of it. It does seem to be another huge time waster. Okay, now you see the curmudgeon in me.

I had not really thought about Facebook as a tool for professional networking until I saw the list of the Hottest Facebook Groups for Librarians. Now those could be fun and useful. I joined the group of Future Librarians and Those Who Love Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment